Thursday, July 09, 2009

babies, babies, babies...

well, after living in a country for three years where everywhere you look there are babies and the signs of new babies on the way, aaron and i are finally joining "the club"... yes, i am pregnant!
i am still very early, not due until february, and going through much amazement that something that is not even visible from the outside is effecting this much change inside me already :) we are very excited as this little one grows and changes daily... excited for when we can see some physical changes (which i am sure i will quickly wish would disappear), and excited for the day we will bring this little bundle home, while still seeking to take each day as the blessing from God that it is. what a testimony to the extremely detail-oriented and creative God we serve, truly knitting together each little baby, taking note at even the number of hairs on his/her head... (my paraphrase of parts of psalm 139).

we plan on having the baby down here in guatemala and then continuing to serve in the ministry as a family of three...

so, i am not sure how many people still read this blog, but we would like to find out the sex of the baby during pregnancy, and i thought it would be fun to put out a poll on who votes what sex.... any opinions anyone?

16 Comments:

Blogger Allison Family -- said...

I vote girl named "Allison Katherine Ficker". tee hee!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I think it will be a boy!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Cali Luco said...

I vote a boy!!!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Sollie said...

My vote is boy, you can the e-mail I sent today for my theories on this :)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Sollie said...

*sorry that should be "you can read the e-mail I sent today"

8:50 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I started on a nice pink and lavander blanket for her so she better come out with a bow in her hair! :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Craig Phoenix said...

Adrienne, little Cotton is not going to want a pink blanket for his room...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm with Adrienne! Girl it is. ;)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are both so happy for you guys!!!

I assume I won't be consulted on names, so I won't even bother to share my awesome ideas that no one could ever top (or spell, probably).

Can't wait to see you in November!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I think its a girl, per our email conversation,and personally, I think Samantha is a beautiful name. It means listener or something like that.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie-
Fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS! WOW!!! Being the "planner" I know you to be, I'm guessing this wasn't a surprise?!?!?! I think she'll be a little princess that will test every ounce of patience God has given you! What can I say, I think God has a sense of humor when it comes to payback!:) Love you friend. Any trips home anytime soon? Love- Heather Smith

4:26 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yay! Congratulations, and what a blessing this child this will be to your amazing family. I am gonna vote girl! I am so excited for you!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!! What wonderful, exciting news!! We are so happy for ALL of the family. God bless you all.

Mary Jean and Denzil Bell

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Jean Rago said...

Congratulations Katie - I'm just now reading your blog and finding out. That is exciting news. I'm voting for a girl so she and my little granddaughter due in January can be friends at ONU when they are in college.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Julie Scott (Brown) said...

How exciting!!! I vote for a girl!! One day she'll find a great friend to have theological conversations with the church lobby until all hours of the night! :) Congrats to both of you! Keep us posted!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kevin and Mandy said...

I am voting GIRL. My Katie is having a baby! I am so excited for you!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home